The York Retriever Field Trial Club is one of the oldest if not the oldest retrieving clubs in Canada, originally incorporated in the Province of Ontario on May 9th, 1949. The founding directors were Robert Alexander Laidlaw, Stephen Macauley Greey, David Moffat Dunlap, Horace Vernon Parkhouse "BUMPY' Lewis, and Wilmot Hagarty Broughall, all from Toronto.
The York Retriever Field Trial Club annually holds two main events that are licensed under Canadian Kennel Club rules. In June, we hold our annual Field Trial weekend, which in recent years, has been held on private property The Scott Farm in the Midland area. In September our annual Hunt Test weekend is also held at the Scott Farm.
During warm weather, we hold training sessions at the Scott Farm twice a week, Wednesdays and Sundays.
Directions to the Scott Farm in Wyebridge
Hwy 400 North to Hwy 93 West through Hillsdale, Orr
Lake and then Waverly.
Stay on Hwy 93 to Ebenezer Side Road
Turn Right onto Ebenezer Side Road to second Stop
Sign (at Wood Road)
Left turn onto Wood Road to Ebenezer Farm # 1994
on left side.
President: Billie McLean (705) 791-2232
Vice President: Bev Keith
Field Trial Chairman: Lorne Langevin &
Hunt Test Chairman: Brent Samis
Secretary: Anna Morrison-Scott
Deptuck (905) 836-7687
Brenda Ball, Gary Ball, Peter Braun, Don Munro, Valerie Woods, Brenda Brown, Ron Bobson, Greg Larden, Anna Morrison-Scott, Eden Beardsall